WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

This blog is just a way to share a bit of my life with friends and others who may have similar interests. If you see something you like, feel free to let me know.



Enter for your own enjoyment and Thanks for stopping by!



Jackie





Saturday, September 17, 2011

REUSE, RESTORE, RECYCLE and A GARDEN SURPRISE!

This has been a day to do all of the above. I'm one of those people who doesn't throw rubber bands away - all the time! Especially the ones that come on bunches of veggies or flowers. They're wide and strong and come in handy. Like today. I decided it was time to clean the glass light shades over the bathroom vanity. I do this about once a year. I know - should probably do it more often, but I'm just not anal about that kind of cleaning. Anyhoooo, when I took them off the fixtures, some of the ceramic surrounds inside that keep the shades from moving had broken and was coming off in pieces. I didn't even realize they were in there. Well, I cleaned the shades - they're so pretty and shiny now! - and then thought, what can I put around the bottoms to take the place of the ceramic pieces. And then it hit me - my wide rubber bands! They are just the right size and fit around the bottoms perfectly. See!

I know, they're blue, but they won't show, so who cares? It works!

I also started working on a refurbishing project. I've added that to my "Craft" page. It's not finished yet, but well on it's way! That's the "restore" part.

So what about the "recycle" you ask? Well, I'm a fiend about recycling our cardboard and our plastic containers - mainly bottles. I recently received 2 large boxes - stained glass in one and a lampshade in another. Neither can be used for reshipping, so off to the recycle place they go. Although.... Halloween is coming up and we might be able to use them in decorating our branch. So maybe I'll keep them for awhile.

I had a very nice surprise when I went out on my back deck to have my afternoon mocha and enjoy a bit of fresh air. I had some ripe tomatoes and a cucumber!! OMG!! I'm in Heaven!






Sliced cucumber and tomatoes for dinner tonight!!





Well, that's all for today. Between doing a little cleaning, a little refurbishing and getting some rest - still stuffy, but getting better - I've had a good day. Even got a movie in - UP - have you seen it? Kind of sappy, but cute and a good choice for a gray day.

God Bless and Keep You!
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Very clever use or rubber bands ;) It pays to keep that stuff cause you just never know. I had some tomatoes in my garden ready today also. They were mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete