WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

This blog is just a way to share a bit of my life with friends and others who may have similar interests. If you see something you like, feel free to let me know.



Enter for your own enjoyment and Thanks for stopping by!



Jackie





Friday, September 16, 2011

THINKIN' I NEED A VACATION!!

Not sure whether it's allergies or a summer cold, but something hit me in the middle of the night Wednesday and now I'm all stuffed up and tired. I just want to wrap up in a blanket and drink hot tea and watch movies or take a nap. Wah, wah, wah!!! Got to get over it before next Wednesday because that's when I take off for Pennsylvania to see my beautiful daughter, Carman, and her handsome hubby, Matt and my fabulous grandkids, AJ, Jenna, Laine and Mia!!

SKI TRIP  2008
I can hardly wait to see them all! Can you blame me? So, I'd better get over this, whatever it is right now!!

I've been kind of mopey all around lately. Ever get that way? Just kind of restless, but nothing really jumps out at you. Zumba was fun, and I'm definitely going back. I have several projects to finish or get started. Reading is always nice. It's probably time to start in on the Bible again. I've read it 4 times over the years and I always get something different from it depending on my life experiences at the time. I've downloaded it onto my Kindle, so it will be easy to take with me when I travel next week.

I'm also at that stage in my life when I'd really, really, really like to retire, or at least just work part time. I DO have projects to keep me busy, but limited time to do them. And then there's my neighbor friends who play cards on Wednesday and golf on Mondays and go to the fair during the week, etc, etc, etc. I'd like to travel and do things while I'm still reasonably young and healthy. So, how do I accomplish that and pay bills at the same time? Sounds like another project to me!! Think I'll take a real vacation first!

That's what Tom and I plan to do soon. Drive down the coast and then over to Sedona with stops in Reno and Bryce Canyon along the way. It will be our first real road trip and I'm so excited!! We'll spend a week in Sedona doing some hiking and checking out the galleries and "vortexes". And just relaxing! Awwwwww, yes. We'll find out if we can travel for a long time together without killing each other in preparation for our big trip across country in a few years! I don't think we'll have any problems. We both like to explore and take backroads. We did take a short trip several years ago on our first visit to Arizona. So, it's not completely new. It will be fun, to say the least. And when I get back, I'll have a new perspective and be refreshed and renewed and reenergized - at least for a day or two. HA!

Bye for now and here's a hug for anyone who needs it today!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jackie- love the idea for a BLOG. Your pictures of the lake are magnificent! Do you live on the lake?
    Love- Cheri Perry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, Glad you dropped by! Don't live "on" the Lake, but across the road and we have a view of it from our home. We love it here!

    Come by any time,
    Hugs!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete