WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

This blog is just a way to share a bit of my life with friends and others who may have similar interests. If you see something you like, feel free to let me know.



Enter for your own enjoyment and Thanks for stopping by!



Jackie





Monday, September 12, 2011

WHAT A WEEKEND!

Well, this was a very busy weekend for me! First, I had to attend an Architectural Committee meeting for our homeowners' association to get a permit for a temporary structure. Tom wants to build a metal-sided carport off the side of our already existing carport so he can work on stuff like boats and other projects and not have to move the cars out of the way each time. I used to be the secretary for this committee, so it was nice to stop in and see the group again.

After getting that item out of the way - it was play time!! I've been reconnecting with many of my high school friends this past couple of years and a group of us met out at Westport at this great place called the Half Moon Bar & Grill. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but it's nicely remodelled on the inside. Here's their website to check it out! http://www.westport-islander.com/
Some of the group spent the night at the hotel, but I don't live that far away and needed to get up early the next morning, so I hot-footed it home (oops! I really only went the speed limit, I promise!)

First we did a little shopping. There are a bunch of great little shops in Westport to browse thru. The weather was sunny, 74 and a slight breeze - in other words just right for runing around in capris and a t-shirt. I'll post a picture later.

Later we met at Half Moon for dinner, drinks and music. The Murchy Brothers, a local band, was playing. Check them out on You Tube. They graduated a few years after us, but we don't hold it against them since they're such good musicians! Was home, safe and sound before 10 pm. Even checked in with Tom via my bluetooth device - hands free for me!!!

Sunday, my Rotary club was co-sponsoring a 9-1-1 Safety Days and Patriot Day Gathering in the parking lot of our local Wal-Mart. Again, the weather was perfect, if a little hot, and we had a huge turn-out! If you do Face Book, check out the Shelton Rotary Club page for pictures. I had to be there in the am to help decorate our stage (a 50' flat bed lent to us by one of our local lumber companies). Then it was dash home, change into clean clothes, drive to church for an hour and half of great praising thru music and message. Left there and headed back to Wal-Mart to help set up chairs, have a bite to eat and pass out programs. The whole event was fun, respectful and memorable. I'm so glad we did this! It seemed the whole community wanted to pitch in with donations of food, water, advertising, time etc once they found out what we were doing. Small towns have big hearts!

Two of my friends from Saturday stopped by the event Sunday on their way home and then came by my place for a chat, some lunch and check out my neighborhood. What fun! Once they left, I was pretty pooped, so just cleaned up a little, sat on my back deck to enjoy the birds and the waterfall and relaxed a bit with a glass of sun tea. I have to admit, I made a killer sun tea! Everyone loves it. Very refreshing. Recipe below. Today it's back to work and I'm thinking of trying out the new Zumba class. I'll let you know how that goes.

Bye for now!


Sun tea recipe:

In a 2 quart pitcher - hang 2 bags of the extra large bags of black tea and 2-3 bags of regular-sized  bags of raspberry or mixed berry tea. Fill pitcher to top with hot water. Set out in sunny area - either outside or on a window sill. Let brew for 8-12 hours. Refrigerate. Serve over ice, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment