WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

This blog is just a way to share a bit of my life with friends and others who may have similar interests. If you see something you like, feel free to let me know.



Enter for your own enjoyment and Thanks for stopping by!



Jackie





Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SURVIVING ZUMBA!!

OMG!! I made it through the whole class!! Loved it! Going again tonight. Am I crazy? That was a rhetorical question, of course I am!!

But first, before I go any further about Zumba, I want to let my friends know that I have fixed my site so that you can leave comments as "anonymous". I'll leave this setting as long as I don't start getting any funky, rude, or inappropriate comments. But I really look forward to any others you may want to leave. Suggestions for topics, pages, ideas you'd like to explore on here. I'm pretty flexible.

Okay, so on to Zumba. First, there are at least 3 places in our little town where you can take Zumba classes. Amazing! I chose this new place because one of my neighbors goes there and invited me to check it out. Also, the class times are more convenient for me. I'll get there a couple minutes late, but I caught up pretty quickly. It was an hour of almost steady dancing! And some of the moves were more like belly-dancing moves than Latin dancing, but that's okay. It was alot of fun. I love to dance, so this is a natural way for me to get some much-needed exercise. They will also start line-dancing classes on Saturdays next month - fun!! I've been riding my bike after work, but soon it will be dark earlier, so it will be good to have an alternative to get me through the winter months. I'd like to greet 62 about 20- 30 lbs lighter. Let's see if I can do it!! I have until the end of March.

I won't get many classes in this month due to taking a trip to see my oldest daughter and her family. I am very excited about that! They live in Pennsylvania, so I only get to see them once a year for a few days. The older kids have Face Book pages, so I can sort of keep up with them thru that, but it's just not the same, you know?! I'm hoping the weather will be good so we can play some pickleball or take a hike at the near-by state park. The leaves will be starting to turn, and it's always beautiful around their place this time of year!.

Well, I'll post some pictures later from my trip to Westport and my projects. (I know I promised to do that yesterday - but then I took Zumba, soooo.....) I have a little desk I got for $2.00 at a yard sale that I'm going to do something with. Any ideas?

Bye for now!

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment